What We Believe
DCC is a part of the Evangelical Covenant Church. Like other ECC churches, we agree that the following Affirmations should guide our life and mission together:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
What is a Covenant Church?
The Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) is a rapidly growing multi-ethnic denomination in the United States and Canada, with ministries on five continents of the world. The denomination was founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrants and has its roots in historical Christianity as it emerged in the Protestant Reformation, in the biblical instruction of the Lutheran State Church of Sweden, and in the great spiritual awakenings of the 1800’s. More information about the Evangelical Covenant Church denomination.